RT4 Mini-Preview

General discussions for all things rubiTrack in English.
mspoettl

RT4 Mini-Preview

Post by mspoettl »

Hi there,

for everyone in danger of succumbing to the winter blues - with the weather we had that's a real possibility around here - I have something to cheer you up today!

We are currently working on a top-secret project code-named RT4 and it's my pleasure to treat you to some of the new things that are rolling your way. We're not yet ready to show it off as a beta but we're getting real close now and are very excited.

Let's see if you can spot some of the new things :)

Have fun!
Regards
Markus
kitepops

Re: RT4 Mini-Preview

Post by kitepops »

Very exciting- I was hoping the recent quietness meant you were busy on a big update!!
Like the look of the 'overview' map, hope this works for very large numbers of activities? Hiding the sidebar will be handy too, any word on timeline on betas?
Keep up the good work!
martowl

Post by martowl »

Looks like Places will become prominent. Will we be able to select an activity on the overview map?
mspoettl

Post by mspoettl »

Places is a central feature and it interacts with the sidebar filter. You click a place to set a filter in the sidebar to match this particular place. This goes down to city level. If a place represents a single activity, you can double click it to select the corresponding activity. RT4's region information (country, division/state, city) is completely automated for all activities with GPS data and you can set it manually for others. Best of all, global region information is integrated into the application, no online access is necessary for this to work.

I have no details about the timeline at this point, unfortunately. We're getting close, though, we're hoping to be ready when spring is here.

Regards
Markus
christians

Post by christians »

Can you pleas tell if y-axis in graphs are zoomable? And if 400 m splits are managed?
mspoettl

Post by mspoettl »

RT4 allows you to set minimum and maximum Y-axis values manually. Bar curves support 200m/0.2mi and 400m/0.4mi splits (15sec and 90sec in time-driven charts).

Regards
Markus
christians

Post by christians »

Thank you! Can I switch from MAS version to standard version?
mspoettl

Post by mspoettl »

Yes, sure. RT4 will not be available as a MAS version.
elobreck

Post by elobreck »

Nice Markus!

How about capture and display of Norm Power in the Effort pane? Default zeroing of elevation gain for designated stationary activities? Batch edit of a range trackpoint data such as errant HR values? Add lap notes/descriptions? :)

You'll probably see everyone's wish list by the time this is over!
norges

Post by norges »

Hi looks very nice, what about import and export for the athlete log?

Or more general a api that makes it possible to write own sync scrpts in order to import or export data?