rubiTrack 5 Pro for Mac and rt2go for iPhone are now available

General discussions for all things rubiTrack in English.
mspoettl

rubiTrack 5 Pro for Mac and rt2go for iPhone are now available

Post by mspoettl » Wed May 02, 2018 12:51 pm

It is with great pleasure that I announce today the availability of rubiTrack 5 Pro and rt2go. This is the greatest ever release of rubiTrack and we're certain you will like them just as much as we do. Check out the web site for the full details: https://www.rubitrack.com

Best Regards
Markus

sathomasga

Re: rubiTrack 5 Pro for Mac and rt2go for iPhone are now available

Post by sathomasga » Wed May 02, 2018 6:44 pm

Congrats on the releases!

Just bought both (still waiting for the official activation email, the first response said the activation could take awhile). I think I've used every version of Rubitrack since the first release and still love it.

Sure wish it could use iCloud for syncing iOS and Mac instead of WiFi sync.

mspoettl

Post by mspoettl » Wed May 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Thanks a lot! The email goes out immediately after the purchase, I checked and yours was sent correctly. Check your spam folder. I'll send a copy just in case - which will go into the spam folder as well :).

As for iCloud syncing we did look hard at that again, but it really isn't a good fit for our data (having to cope with an awful lot of data on occasion). We hoped the system would improve more but it really didn't.

Best Regards
Markus

mspoettl

Post by mspoettl » Thu May 03, 2018 11:07 am

The Withings issue should now be fixed with v5.0.1

Best Regards
Markus

trev4short

Post by trev4short » Thu May 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Not compatible with El Cap? Ouch! My 2009 MBP is running too well to upgrade right now. I hope you continue to support RT4 if GC syncing starts acting up again.

Der_Phi

Post by Der_Phi » Fri May 04, 2018 5:28 pm

+1 for El Captain compatibility!
What's the reason for not supporting 10.11? I can't see any special feature which should require OSX 10.12+
I really would love to update RT but I don't want to update my iMac...

dw152a

Post by dw152a » Sun May 06, 2018 1:16 pm

I'm very happy to see rubiTrack continued to be developed. This is a great application, and I use it almost every day. I was going back through some old emails, and I discovered that I bought my first license to version 2 in November 2009. I'm not running and biking as I was back then, but I have still accumulated 3,351 activities over that time. I also noticed that it looks like Ascent (another Mac activity log) is no longer being supported.

However, the upgrade process was a bit clunky. The link in the email to put my license number into rubiTrack didn't work too well. I eventually got it to work, so no big deal.

And when I started rubiTrack 5 for the first time, I was hoping to be able to simply import my latest rubiTrack 4 activity file, but that option wasn't available. The first thing it asked me was my name, birthday, height, weight, min and max heart rate. After I entered that, then I got the screen with the options (I think) of iCloud, demo, and synch. I clicked on demo, and imported two activities (one from Colorado, one from Germany). I had to delete those, and then open my latest version 4 activity file. Instead of all this, it should have asked if I was upgrading from a previous version, and asked me to point to the file with all my activities. Again, it looks like it's working now, so no big deal.

mspoettl

Post by mspoettl » Sun May 06, 2018 5:20 pm

It never occurred to us that we could add that option to the welcome screen. That's a good idea.

Best Regards
Markus

Henryl

Post by Henryl » Sun May 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Are you going to release an iPad version of rt2go? I recently upgraded to v5 and rt2go...didn't realize that there is no native iPad app. Now, instead of a nice UI on the iPad Pro 10.5" where I can use all of the screen, I am limited to the iPhone size data window. Talk about a serious step backwards. Since I use the iPad more than rubitrack to view my data, I'm really hoping that an iPad version of rt2go is forthcoming. Please, give some good news???

Regards,

Henry

Philippe

Post by Philippe » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:07 am

That indeed is a pity! Would love to see a native iPad app. In the meantime I'm still using v4 on the desktop as well, and have my iPad sync with that (as well as my iPhone).

You could also use a different service to sync with: most athletes are bound to use a Garmin device anyway, so they can simply have it sync with Garmin*. That also enables one to have it sync while on holiday and without the need for a laptop. (plus it obviously syncs OTA instead of WiFi).

* or sync with any of the other 4 services: Suunto, Strava, RunKeeper, Dropbox.

Cheers,
Phil