duplicate

General discussions for all things rubiTrack in English.
allan570

duplicate

Post by allan570 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:19 pm

I import activities and now I have two copies of all my runs (over 1300). Is there an easy way to delete the duplicates?

Allan

andydrummond

Re: duplicate

Post by andydrummond » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:28 am

Bumpity bump.

I am also looking for this feature - having just imported all my pre-2013 data from Ascent I've got a load of duplicates.

Is there an easy way to review & delete?

mspoettl

Post by mspoettl » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:41 am

The problem here is that activities are getting processed differently by different services and stored again differently in different file formats. That makes one and the same activity not completely identical across services and/or file formats.

The best way I see it is trying to import as few duplicates as possible. If you have one source that say ends 2013 with an overlap of say 2 years with the new source, import the entire old source first, then delete the overlapping period completely (by date and multi-selection, it's a matter of seconds). After that, import everything from the new source you are planing to use going forward. Ideally, you will have no duplicates at all.

If you end up having a couple of duplicates, those can be spotted in the calendar easily, if you usually have one activity per day.

Best Regards
Markus

Pistarino

Post by Pistarino » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:37 am

Dear,
I have just realized that, even after the deletion of duplicates, the duplicated activities are still logged and graphed in the "training summary" window, the top row that shows the weekly number of training sessions. Is there a way to make sure the duplicated activities are removed also from these statistics?

Kind regards

Paolo

mspoettl

Post by mspoettl » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:58 pm

Hello,

the "Training Summary" statistics are always calculated live on the activities you actually have, so if you delete an activity, it will be removed from the summaries.

However, if you delete activities while the "Training Summary" window is visible, try closing and re-opening the window or select a different sidebar filter to force a display update.

Best Regards
Markus

Pistarino

Post by Pistarino » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:27 pm

Hello,
it seems this is not what happens to me. All the charts are updated with the exclusion of the summary row in the "training summary window". Please refer to the attached picture. The first one is the present status, the second is when I deleted all 2017 activities with a comparison of the Dashboard window (that has been updated). I saved and re-opened the RT file.

Best regards

Paolo
Attachments
1 - Comparison before 2017 deletion.jpg
Comparison before 2017 removal
1 - Comparison before 2017 deletion.jpg (164.16 KiB) Viewed 213 times
2 - Comparison after 2017 deletion.jpg
After 2017 activities removal and comparison with dashboard
2 - Comparison after 2017 deletion.jpg (133.91 KiB) Viewed 213 times

mspoettl

Post by mspoettl » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi,

the green dots - which represent activities - are gone, the red ones are still there. You still have athlete log entries from 2017, those are the red dots. The dashboard only shows activities, that's why its timeline is different. The Training Summary timeline shows both activities (green) and athlete log entries (red).

Best Regards
Markus

Pistarino

Post by Pistarino » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:04 pm

Hi,
thank you for the explanation.

Best regards

Paolo