IPad Version

General discussions for all things rubiTrack in English.
rolandjyoung

IPad Version

Post by rolandjyoung » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:47 am

Good morning

I know this a topic that has beeen mentioned several times but things appear quiet.

I think now it the time to really think about the iPad, I am long time user of the mac version my database goes back to 2007. Now over12 years later 2019 I find myself less and less the need to actually use a Mac, moving almost totally to the iPad.

We all know that the world is moving to Mobile and the modern devices we use to record our activities sync via your phone or directly to the cloud.

I have spent time reviewing the offerings from the usual suspects there is massive gap for such a wonderful tool as Rubitrack to move into... look what garmin offer, there app is iPhone only and their website works like pants, training peaks, strava again they are totally lacking so many features - lets take advantage of this.

Yes I see the challenge how do you access your Rubitrack files on both a mac and iPad?. but with apple iCloud Drive or other offering this can overcome?

I know there is iPhone rt2go version, but to be honest I don’t want to pay for this use it on the iPad only find out there comes a s iPad version, and having pay out more money for that version.

I’d be happy to pay for the current iPhone version with promise that iPad version comes without additional cost, otherwise I will holding off purchasing....

I know like many we are all waiting... .to see it would be useful to know..... if it really is coming?

APughsley

Re: IPad Version

Post by APughsley » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:47 pm

+1 Good case made :-)

I am using rt2go on my 12.9” iPad, don’t have a Mac or PC anymore. rt2go is pretty good, but limited compared with RubiTrack on my old Mac - so I still have all my data at STmobi as well, for the moment at least.

APughsley

Post by APughsley » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:53 pm

If there is ever a proper iPad version, or even if rt2go is updated, maybe the date display could be fixed? Currently many dates have truncated years...

Thanks in advance :)
164D9C03-D677-44C5-A511-2F307015F71F.jpeg
164D9C03-D677-44C5-A511-2F307015F71F.jpeg (19.68 KiB) Viewed 4882 times

APughsley

Post by APughsley » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:34 am

Actually, I find rt2go is pretty good on the iPad even as it stands - certainly better than anything else in the App Store. In fact, apart from the date-year thing already mentioned, the only other thing on my wish list is a better landscape view for the collection display (maps, charts, summary view are already excellent in landscape). The current view only shows 3 full panes, the other three are only partially in view - maybe scaling to 4x2 panes or something to give more full panes?

I did actually have another item on my list - multiple file loading from an iCloud or Dropbox folder. But I’ve just discovered how to do that with Open-In using the Shortcuts app, and it works great. Can post full shortcut and explanation if anyone is interested :-)

Thanks for any consideration given to a better landscape view.

Best, Alex.

longboarder

Post by longboarder » Fri May 17, 2019 11:55 pm

Another vote for a true iPad version. I've recently purchased a 12.9 Pro and refuse to install anymore iPhone only apps after such poor experience with others (magnified, only portrait, etc).

rubiTrack and Quicken are the only things holding me back now from going all iPad (I realize Quicken does have an iPad app but it requires you store all your financial data on their site...trust them, but not sure I believe they won't be hacked one day...if they allowed iCloud storage I'd go for it).

trev4short

Post by trev4short » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:34 am

With iPadOS on the way, I hope this becomes a reality.