zero distance from Garmin if treadmill or stationary bike

General discussions for all things rubiTrack in English.
longboarder

zero distance from Garmin if treadmill or stationary bike

Post by longboarder » Thu May 16, 2019 11:48 pm

Since July of last year, any treadmill run or stationary bike ride (no GPS obviously) records zero distance when importing into rubitrack. The distance is correctly shown on Garmin Connect site, Strava, MapMyRun.

What's odd is that if I save the workout to a TCX file from Garmin Connect and manually import then the distance is correct in rubitrack as well. But this tedious and I've given up... of course, this now makes stats like total distance and month-month or year-year comparisons worthless. Even equipment tracking will be understated.

Any hope that this might be fixed ;) I use rubitrack as my ultimate tracking tool instead of trusting such data to a website that might not be around in a year or two but it is no longer as accurate as what I have recorded in Garmin Connect unfortunately.

mspoettl

Re: zero distance from Garmin if treadmill or stationary bike

Post by mspoettl » Fri May 17, 2019 11:04 am

Could it be you are using either "Original Device Data" and/or "Stop detection" on those activities? If so, try toggling the switches and see if that changes anything. You can do that via "Activity > Options" from the main menu with the activity/ies in question selected (try with one first).

Best Regards
Markus

longboarder

Re: zero distance from Garmin if treadmill or stationary bike

Post by longboarder » Fri May 17, 2019 3:48 pm

Thanks Markus -- I have app preferences set as "original device data" unselected and "detect stops" selected.

Changing to "original device data" on did the trick. Found I also had to select "use speed and distance data in chart" to have the charts drawn correctly.

So much better than manual export/import! Thanks!

-- Chris