rt2go and activity stress calculation

General discussions for all things rubiTrack in English.
Pistarino

rt2go and activity stress calculation

Post by Pistarino » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:02 am

Dear,
I am using rt2go since a couple of weeks and I found it very nice. Yesterday I encountered a strange behavior maybe you can clarify to me. I imported an activity (recorded with Apple Watch) with rt2go as usual but, for the first time, I went into the stress graphs from within iOS app to give a look, before syncing with RT5 (after I added some comments and equipment). Already from there it seemed the graphs were not updated correctly wrt the last activity; I then synced with RT5 and I got the confirmation: it seems the graphs were updated like I did the running session with ZERO effort. To fix the things I removed the last training session in RT5 and reimported it from iOS with another app, after that all calculations looked fine. You can see attached the graphs before the first import, after the rt2go import and the final one fixed (from RT5).
The only thing I did different from the usual was browsing the activity stress charts before syncing with RT5. I hope the attached files can clarify.

Best regards

Paolo
Attachments
1- Stress before last activity import.jpg
Stress charts before import
1- Stress before last activity import.jpg (230.06 KiB) Viewed 327 times
2- Stress miscalculation.jpg
Stress charts miscalculated
2- Stress miscalculation.jpg (215.92 KiB) Viewed 327 times
3- Stress correct after fix.jpg
Stress charts after reimport from external source
3- Stress correct after fix.jpg (178.35 KiB) Viewed 327 times

mspoettl

Re: rt2go and activity stress calculation

Post by mspoettl » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:09 am

Hi,

basically, rt2go can do all calculations that rubiTrack 5 Pro does, if it has all the data that is required.

Maybe your detailed athlete log is what is missing. It contains the threshold values that are necessary for calculating training intensity.

Have you done a full sync between rt2go and rubiTrack 5 Pro so rt2go? This ensure rt2go has all the data the Mac version has. If not that might be the reason.

Best Regards
Markus

Pistarino

Post by Pistarino » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:28 pm

I synced only the last 30 days, as default. Should I sync all the data since the very first activity?

Pistarino

Post by Pistarino » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:11 pm

Dear,
I synced all training sessions from RT5 to rt2go, unfortunately the issue seems to be still there. Is there something I can check in rt2go to verify it has all the information needed for the training stress calculation?

Best regards

Paolo

mspoettl

Post by mspoettl » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:29 am

Hello,

I'm not sure what the problem might. A view questions:

Are you using a non-standard activity type for your activities? When you look at the activity type configuration on your Mac (via "Customize > Activity Types > Manage" from the main menu), which threshold type is selected in the "Intensity" column for that activity type? It should be "Trimp".

On rt2go in the Summary view, select the stress category and see if you have a curve for "Threshold Trimp" (by swiping through the curves). This is maintained automatically and necessary for stress calculations. If there is no such curve, do your activity have heart rate data?

I'm attaching an example from a long-term QA device that gets its activities only from an Apple Watch 3 with multiple running sessions a week. There are no other sources from where activities come (ie syncing with rubiTrack 5 Pro for example). As you can see the stress charts and threshold trimp curves are there and up-to date.

Best Regards
Markus
Attachments
IMG_2341.PNG
IMG_2341.PNG (231.38 KiB) Viewed 306 times

Pistarino

Post by Pistarino » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi,
Yes, I do have “trimp” selected for my “run” activity, that is the one I use for my sessions. The threshold trimp curve in rt2go is present (I do have hearth rate data). I can post you a screenshot on how it is updated the next time I go out for a session, so maybe you can get a clue. I attach the actual one but this is correctly updated since it is synchronised with RT5 Pro (after activity import from external file). No smoothing is selected.

Best regards

Paolo
Attachments
52F82B43-75FE-43DC-B386-18D5A1E9335B.jpeg
52F82B43-75FE-43DC-B386-18D5A1E9335B.jpeg (203.03 KiB) Viewed 301 times

Pistarino

Post by Pistarino » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi,
here they are, a screnshoot ("Direct import in rt2go") with the last activity imported directly from Health App in rt2go, and a screenshot ("Import from RT5") after the very same activity was imported via 3rd party app to RT5 Pro and then synced with rt2go (after the deletion of the original imported activity).
I hope this helps.

Best regards

Paolo
Attachments
Direct import in rt2go.jpg
Direct import in rt2go.jpg (178.46 KiB) Viewed 298 times
Import from RT5.jpg
Import from RT5.jpg (178.05 KiB) Viewed 298 times

mspoettl

Post by mspoettl » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:52 am

Hello,

if an activity doesn't contribute to stress values, the reason is that it does not have training intensity.

Here is what you could try:

1) Instead of importing the activity into rubiTrack 5 Pro from another source, send the one from rt2go which was imported via Apple Health via WiFi (in rt2go use the sharing context item in the activity view and select the "Send to rubiTrack" action).

2) When the activity is imported on the Mac. Select it and select "Activity > Edit…" from the main menu.

3) On the "Training" tab, see what the value for Training Intensity is. What is the Trimp value? I guess both a zero/empty.

4) Now select "Activity > Options…" from the main menu and click "Recalculate Activity".

5) Go back to the "Training" tab in the activity details.

6) Have the values for Training Intensity and Trimp changed?

7) Now import the activity from the other source in rubiTrack 5 Pro (you can delete one of them later so you don't have duplicates).

8) Take a look at the charts (pace, heart rate, elevation, etc), do both look identical? If not, what is the difference?

You can also export both as TCX or GPX file and send them over to support@rubi…. We'd be happy to take a look.

Best Regards
Markus

Pistarino

Post by Pistarino » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:54 am

Hello,
sorry for my late reply. I did the test you suggested.
The activity imported from rt2go in RT5 shows a trimp of 139 and empty values for both training intensity e stress level. After the recalculation the missing values are filled in (81% and 78 respectively); these updated values matches with the values reported for the activity imported from the 3rd party source. I cannot find any difference between the charts of the two activities.
I will send you the two imported activities as you suggest.

Thanks for the support.

Best regards

Paolo