Rubitrack iOS sync with Mac

General discussions for all things rubiTrack in English.
adolphus

Rubitrack iOS sync with Mac

Post by adolphus »

I have lots of trouble syncing my iPhone Rubitrack with my Mac. In Sync mode in iOS, I touch "rubiTrack" under "WiFi Network" and it spends an eternity "Looking for available devices..." and more often than not, much more often, it returns the message that my WiFi is turned off. Which it isn't. Sometimes I have to restart both my Mac and iPhone to make it happen. Sometimes I have to restart each a couple of times. Sometimes it takes days to ultimately get them to connect and sync. The ironic thing is, I often do this with my iPhone physically connected to the Mac via a USB cable and they still cannot find each other.

Any help?

Matt
sathomasga

Re: Rubitrack iOS sync with Mac

Post by sathomasga »

If, on the off chance you're trying to sync activities recorded with an Apple Watch (i.e. workouts in the Health app), I'd recommend using HealthFit instead of RT2GO. It's simple to use AirDrop to send a .FIT file to your Mac. Much smoother than the WiFi sync.

If you're recording using RT2GO, or if you want to sync _from_ your Mac to your iPhone, I think WiFi sync is the only option. Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions on how to make it better.
mspoettl

Post by mspoettl »

You are not saying which OS and hardware you are running.

Best Regards
Markus
sathomasga

Post by sathomasga »

slumberjack wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:27 am Hello,
I'm having the exact same issue described above. Wi-Fi sync between RubiTrack 5 Pro and rt2go never occurs because the iOS app can't find the macOS program even though they are both on the same network. I have the latest version of RubiTrack 5 Pro for macOS (5.3.6) and rt2go for iOS (5.2.10). RubiTrack 5 Pro is running on macOS Big Sur 11.4 on a Macbook Pro Late 2013 and rt2go is on an iPhone 7 on iOS 14.6.

Cheers,
Angelo
You may have checked this already, but it might be worthwhile to see if you can AirDrop something (literally anything, e.g. a link in Safari) from your iPhone to your Mac. That would at least verify that the two devices can see each other over WiFi.
adolphus

Post by adolphus »

Sorry for lack of information

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019): OS 11.4, RT 5.3.6
iPhone: iOS 14.6, RT2Go 5.2.10

And I just Air Dropped a photo from iPhone to Mac.
slumberjack

Post by slumberjack »

sathomasga wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:43 am
slumberjack wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:27 am I'm having the exact same issue described above. Wi-Fi sync between RubiTrack 5 Pro and rt2go never occurs because the iOS app can't find the macOS program even though they are both on the same network. I have the latest version of RubiTrack 5 Pro for macOS (5.3.6) and rt2go for iOS (5.2.10). RubiTrack 5 Pro is running on macOS Big Sur 11.4 on a Macbook Pro Late 2013 and rt2go is on an iPhone 7 on iOS 14.6.
You may have checked this already, but it might be worthwhile to see if you can AirDrop something (literally anything, e.g. a link in Safari) from your iPhone to your Mac. That would at least verify that the two devices can see each other over WiFi.
Airdrop works fine for me.