Lost data

General discussions for all things rubiTrack in English.
mitch1966

Lost data

Post by mitch1966 »

hi, I have used rubitrack in different versions from 2012 up to present date however I have just noticed lost data. I have noticed that all my activities are missing from March 2017 to January 2018 there are only a few entries. I have an old Rubitrack installed on a old iMac and they are still there, however I have noticed that they are missing from my Garmin Connect account ?. If data is deleted from Garmin Connect will this effect the Rubitrack database ? even if the Data is from years ago. Any help or ideas would be great.
mspoettl

Re: Lost data

Post by mspoettl »

Greetings,

deleting something from Garmin Connect that you already imported will not affect the rubiTrack database. It stays there until you delete it in rubiTrack.

Are the activities that are missing just lacking track data or are they missing completely. If it is the former that might be an indication for file corruption. That is only one possibility, it is diffcult to tell what the reason is without having access to the file itself. If you want us to take a look at it, ZIP the .rubitrack5 (or earlier) file in question and send it to support@rubi… (using iCloud email or a transfer service of your choice).

Best Regards
Markus
mitch1966

Post by mitch1966 »

Many thanks Markus, I just can't work it out loads missing and very strange Garmin Data is not there via the Garmin Connect website. I will send email with attachment to you of my Rubitrack file,
mitch1966

Post by mitch1966 »

Hi Markus.
I have tried now for a month to re-import my data from a previous version of Rubitrack V3.4.7 to V5.3.6 all without success . On old machine I click on activities missing on new, save them as GPX etc or track go to re-import them on new machine and it never brings the data in using Sync manager. any ideas how to import data again ?
mspoettl

Post by mspoettl »

If you have data in the old rubiTrack files (any version), simply use "File > Open…" and select the old file. Then after upgrade, check if all data is there.

A file upgrade always reads all data from the old file, nothing is left out. If something is missing after the upgrade, it must be missing in the original, the file may be corrupted.

If you can export an activity in rubiTrack 3 as GPX file and the GPX contains the activity data correctly, there is no reason why a file upgrade wouldn't work and it is much much easier that way.

Best Regards
Markus