Mouse Wheel to Zoom?

General discussions for all things rubiTrack in English.
c0nsumer

Mouse Wheel to Zoom?

Post by c0nsumer »

Thanks for getting rubiTrack 6 out. I just upgraded today.

One thing I was hoping for, which isn't in 6 nor 5, is supporting zooming with a mouse scroll wheel.

I have two mice on my desk, an Apple Magic Trackpad and a standard Logitech mouse, with the Logitech getting most of the use. When I pinch-zoom with the trackpad that works fine, but when I scroll the wheel on the mouse, the map just pans up and down.

Would you please add zoom support using the mouse wheel? This'd then be the same as Google Maps, Apple Maps (within the OS), OpenStreetMap, and most other mapping software.

I regularly like to zoom in on parts of my route, and having to switch away from the mouse is a pain.

Thanks!
mspoettl

Re: Mouse Wheel to Zoom?

Post by mspoettl »

Hi there,

the mouse wheel should work, it is something that I use all the time, too.

Logitech has a habit of installing drivers for their mice needlessly which can mess up the messaging of mouse events. If you have a chance, try using the mouse without a driver and see how that goes. I have a Logitech mouse (the cheapest of them all) and it works fine.

Best Regards
Markus
c0nsumer

Post by c0nsumer »

Ah! That did it... I removed the Logitech Options software and it began working right. But now the side button does Expose and not a back button... Hmm... Got some digging to do for that, I guess. I'd really rather not use extra software if it can be avoided.

Thanks Markus!
c0nsumer

Post by c0nsumer »

FYI, this took care of my mouse side button wants: https://sensible-side-buttons.archagon.net/
And, zooming in rubiTrack still works as it should.
mspoettl

Post by mspoettl »

Excellent, thanks for the update!

Best Regards
Markus