Show multiple tracks on a map

Feature and enhancement requests.
dropsAndJumps

Show multiple tracks on a map

Post by dropsAndJumps » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:32 pm

I like to make maps of the places I've been, whether it's mountain biking, skiing, or kiteboarding. I'd like to be able to select a group of tracks, and have them all display on a map or satellite image simultaneously.

I've done this before... I had another app named Ascent that would let me export tracks easily to Google Earth. It was a little klugy but it worked. Ascent is out of business. I can still export to Google Earth, but it's not as smooth as it used to be.

Sometimes I like to display all the tracks in one color. Other times I like to give each track a different color. Or, Sometimes I like to give a group of tracks a color, and another group of tracks a different color. E.g. I make map all the tracks from a given year the same color.

As far as I know, there aren't any apps that provide this capability, other than exporting to Google Earth with is awkward. I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes to map the places I ride.

mspoettl

Re: Show multiple tracks on a map

Post by mspoettl » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:37 pm

Hello,

did you try Places and activity multi-selection?

Places displays all activities in the current filter on the map, I believe that's what you're asking for. You can enter Places mode by deselecting all activities or by clicking the places toolbar button.

If you also want activity tracks, you can multi-select activities to display more than one on the map at the same time. This comes with a sustantial performance penalty as it requires the activity charts and track to be calculated (including all add-ons like zones, markers and the like), so it's limited to 4 activities by default. You can change/increase that in the application preferences, though.

Best Regards
Markus