Track Editor

Feature and enhancement requests.
winternight

Track Editor

Post by winternight » Mon May 11, 2015 11:33 am

Hi,

I love the new track editor in RT4 but a few more features would be great (in order of importance):

1) Deleting a single track point (or multiple at the same time). Right now I can only split before / after a point. Sometimes there are weird spikes in a track, when a devices loses view of the sky, and I would like to be able to delete those.

2) Merge laps. Especially on my fenix 3, I sometimes create laps accidentally (stupid button binding). It would be great if I could remove those and merge 2 laps into one.

3) Merge tracks. More difficult probably, but would be a nice addition. Could also be integrated in merge activities. Simply append the tracks to one another.

EDIT:
4) And another one, that's pretty important, at least to me: When exporting as a GPX / TCX track, RT4 currently drops the temperature field (it's there in the CSV export). Please add the temperature field to GPX and TXC exports as well.

Especially the first one would be a live save though :)

Cheers,
Alex

winternight

Re: Track Editor

Post by winternight » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Any idea if some of those will be implemented?

Cheers,
Alex

christian.roth

Post by christian.roth » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:27 am

Bumping up: I was just about to ask for exactly the same enhancements as winternight. I have to clean up GPS data almost regularly after hiking/geocaching in deep forests with jumps in the track due to bad reception:

- (ideally) quickly delete range of points (I do not want them back at any time in the future), or at least batch-"ignore" them when selected as multiple selection
- keep temperature field

Any plans to address these feature requests? It would mean really much to me, my data and my workflow.

Thanks,
Christian

winternight

Post by winternight » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:46 pm

I'm actually adding another point:

5) Please give us the option to export in a format that comes as close as possible to the original format! I.e. provide an export in e.g. FIT or some other generic format that has as many features as possible. Alternatively, keep the original file inside the rubitrack data folder/file and allow us to export the original data from RubiTrack.

winternight

Post by winternight » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:55 am

Any updates on that?

winternight

Post by winternight » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:22 am

2 years later, any update on this?